A while back the lovely Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe presented me with two blog awards.
Without further ado, here are the 7 facts about me (apologies in advance for my rantings, if anyone is offended by my views it was unintentional)
1) Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. Porridge, muesli, yoghurt, fruit, bagels, waffles, pancakes, muffins, toast, specialty breads and jams, granola, scrambled eggs, scones, toasted sandwiches etc etc. I love them all. It’s amazing what a wide variety of different food, tastes and texture you can have for one meal. They can be hot or cold, healthy or ridiculously indulgent. Even simple things like pouring hot milk on your cereal transforms it into a completely different breakfast experience. I normally eat quite a healthy breakfast, but the odd indulgent treat at weekends is great. I can’t understand people who miss breakfast or who eat exactly the same thing every day – yes have porridge every morning if you want but as least alter the toppings, add some fruit and cinnamon to it for a change – please!
2) Many people know that apples are one of my favourite fruits but recently I have switched my daily fruit of choice to be pears – they’ve got to be quite crisp though and eaten raw, whereas apples are good in any form.
3) I love going for long walks in the countryside but hate cycling. Walking is so relaxing and peaceful. You get to see and appreciate all the wonders of nature and can go by yourself or with a companion. Whereas cycling, to me, feel unnatural, you can’t really talk to other people while you are doing it and in the summer you get splattered with lots of little midges.
4) I’d rather be a little too hot than too cold in temperature.
5) My clothing seems to be going through a floral stage. The last three items of clothing I bought have all been covered with big prints of flowers. Not sure how this started as always used to avoid clothes like this.
6) I quite enjoy housework – ironing, hovering, washing up etc but find dusting a chore – not sure why.
7) I don’t like foods that taste too much of burnt caramel, I find it too intense and sweet. A little caramel is good, as a sauce or drizzle, but when its one of the main flavours I find it too overpowering. Hence I don’t like crème brulee or tarte tatin.
Hopefully you found those interesting and don’t think me completely crackers now. The 7 bloggers I wish to pass the award onto are:
Monica of Lick The Bowl Good – I ‘met’ Monica through The Cake Slice group and she is truly a master of creating delicious treats and cakes and has introduced me to some indulgent American bakes and pies
Rebecca of Ezra Pound Cake – she has a fantastic variety of delicious fresh recipes but its her fabulous looking cookies and bundt cakes that always have me racing to the oven
Patricia of Technicolor Kitchen – a fellow cake, cookie and dessert lover. She is truly talented and are photos are stunning
Samantha of The Caked Crusader – a woman after my own heart, a true cake lover. She bakes wonderfully deep and satisfying cakes and organises the London Cupcake Challenges – which I fully intend going to myself one day soon!
Marie of The English Kitchen – has a wide range of tasty, fresh, healthy and indulgent recipes. Great mix of sweet and savoury dishes, ideal when I’m stuck for inspiration
Hilary of Let Her Bake Cake – a fellow baking enthusiast. Some divine recipes and beautiful photography
Chele of Chocolate Teapot – she is always ready with a kind comment and has a whole host of delicious recipes using fresh seasonal ingredients
To Heaven & Back: Eggplant in Purgatory
5 hours ago