Monday 24 November 2008

Christmas Cake Stage 3 – Feeding the Cake

Just a reminder, don’t forget to feed you Christmas cake. Unwrap it, prick the top with a skewer and drizzle over a few teaspoons of Brandy. Then wrap it back up and keep it in a cool dark place until next week, when it will be time for another feeding.



Award
On another note, the lovely Antonia from Food Glorious Food awarded me the ‘I love your blog’ award. Thanks Antonia it really made me smile.

I now wish to pass it on to Gigi from Gigi Cakes – my long time friend (even though we’ve never actually met) who bakes a whole host tempting treats

Johanna from Green Gourmet Giraffe who proves that Vegetarian food is anything but boring

And The Cake Crusader who bakes delicious cakes and indulgent desserts

14 comments:

The Caked Crusader said...

Yay! An award...I'd like to thank the Academy, my agent, my family etc
Thanks!

Great looking Christmas cake too!

Finla said...

Beautfiful. I used to make christmas cake too, this year i gave a miss, seeing yours now i feel bad ni didn't make them.
Looking forward for the icing too

Snooky doodle said...

congratulations for the award. The cake looks gorgeous ;)

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Thanks Katie! I love fruit cake updates!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love the step by step process of the Christmas cake!

Megan said...

My mother just gave her cake a shot yesterday - it looks and smells so good!

Rosie said...

I have been feeding my cake today :) Your cake looks really rich and yummy!

Congrats on your award Katie :)

Rosie x

Johanna GGG said...

Thanks Katie - glad to see you getting awards - that cakes looks like it deserves every bit of it - and thanks for passing on the award - very kind of you!

Unknown said...

complimenti per il blog!!!! is very beautiful!!!!
kiss
vale

Anonymous said...

Quick tip for feeding your Christmas cake... flip the cake at each feeding so that the delicious booze penetrates the entire cake. (This also minimises the risk of any sogginess if you get a little too enthusiastic with the booze!)

Sam said...

Glad you liked the flapjacks! This cake looks great! I love Christmas cake, I haven't made one this year, although I have made a pudding.

I see you're coming to the Good food show tomorrow. Should be fun, I'll see you there!

Nic said...

Hi Katie, thanks for the reminder to feed the cake, yours looks beautiful!
Your blog is wonderful too, I could spend hours here. Do you have a recipe index?

Elle said...

No christmas cake...too busy feeding the sourdough starters, but your cake looks yum! COngrats on the Award, too. Richly deserved.

Vera said...

Congratulations on your award!
The fruitcake looks like very well cared of :)