Tuesday 14 June 2011

Hotel Chocolat: Knickerbocker Glory Mint Choc Chip Truffles Review

I was recently asked if I would like to try something from Hotel Chocolat’s new birthday range. I love their chocolates and so was more than happy to accept. I was sent the Mint Choc Chip Truffles from their new Knickerbocker Glory range. A set of 10 creamy mint filled chocolates, encased in a thick dark chocolate shell and topped with the cutest mini chocolate chips I’ve ever seen!

The truffles come presented in a paper cone decorated with fun candy striped colours. On first appearance they may look a bit child orientated compared to some of Hotel Chocolat’s sleek dark boxes, and I’m sure children would love them, but that’s not to say they won’t be thoroughly enjoyed by adults too!

There are a few truffles assortments in the Knickerbocker Glory range, each one designed to bring back memories of childhood ice creams. Mint choc chip ice cream always makes me think of holidays and eating ice creams on the beach. I used to love mint Cornettos or mint Feasts you could get, so the truffles brought back quite nostalgic memories for me.

I loved the contrast between the soft and creamy minty filling and the thick dark chocolate shell. The filling was tinted the palest of mint greens, a nod towards its childhood ice cream flavour without being too artificial. A lovely fun gift to take to a friends for a dinner party or BBQ although I’m sure they’d appeal to all ages, they certainly did in my house.

5 comments:

Kate@whatkatebaked said...

Yummmm- these look really great, what a lovely, summery treat to receive!

Chele said...

OMG! They look amazing and I just love the name! I know if I was to walk in the shop right now these would be the truffles I'd pick.

Cupcake Crazy Gem said...

Wow I saw these the other week and really wanted to try them, I love anything mint! Lucky you! and I also love mint cornetto's too!

Monika - Carts said...

Tasty! I'm looking forward to trying that one out.

Kelly-Jane said...

They look lovely.